View Single Post
Old 16 April 2012, 12:25   #1
EnglishRob

Send a message via ICQ to EnglishRob Send a message via MSN to EnglishRob Send a message via Yahoo to EnglishRob
Happy Hello from sunny Torquay

Hi folks,

I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I've just joined the forums after lurking a bit and getting myself another Amiga.

I'm based in Torquay in Sunny Devon, UK and I enjoy collecting old retro computers although my collection (if you can call it that) is pretty small at the moment.

So yesterday I managed to pick up an Amiga 500 locally off eBay. I'd been after one for a while and this one seemed pretty good for the money (I paid about £17) and it included an Epson dot matrix printer, MIDI interface, flight stick, A501 memory upgrade and a whole bundle of disks.

The only issues that I've got are that it doesn't come with a copy of Workbench, the modulator only displays in black and white (I've already googled it and found that it might need some try joints re-soldering or something tweaking?) and I don't have a mouse for it. I also found that it has a 512K upgrade fitted already (although I haven't tested it properly and I'm not sure if the A501 upgrade works either).

So I guess I'm going to be doing lots of reading up about the Amiga. I had one years ago (in the early 90s) and remember it fondly (I'd upgraded from a broken ST) and I'm excited about reliving some of the experiences I had when I was younger and hopefully show my kids what cool stuff the Amiga can do (if I can prise them off their laptops for more than 5 minutes).

Rob

Page generated in 0.04777 seconds with 11 queries