View Single Post
Old 02 August 2018, 06:08   #30
dschallock

Maybe something bad has happened

Well... maybe something bad has happened.

I bought a mouse joystick switcher off ebay so that I wouldn't risk any hot swapping.
I got it in the mail today and plugged in (with the system off) and plugged the optical mouse into the mouse switcher port along with 2 joysticks. Tired powering the system on and it wouldn't power on. Tried several configurations of switching things around and it still wouldn't boot. Unplugged the mouse joystick switcher and went back to the standard config (amiga mouse and joystick combo) that worked before I tried this thing, and it still won't boot.
The power supply is coming on and the fan is spinning. The hard drives are getting initial power and make the initial sounds they normally make before crunching into the boot... but it never gets into the boot.
Also. I use a picasso IV which passes the standard amiga video through it like a scan doubler. Now that it won't boot, another symptom is that I am not getting a green light on my monitor from the picasso IV board which tells me the picasso is not getting power. If I switch the monitor cable to the standard Amiga output I do green light on the monitor so there is a signal there... but I don't get any colored light screens flashing. I only get a black screen.
I fear somehow what ever my previous issue is has now been exacerbated and I ruined something.
Any ideas what I should test or look into to see what has happened?

Page generated in 0.07895 seconds with 11 queries