Old 27 March 2018, 19:25   #23
AC/DC HACKER!

Greetings Thellier,

Quote:
Originally Posted by thellier View Post
Hello

Lots of questions ;-)
>with and without Warp3D directory being active
The directory Libs:Warp3D/ contains drivers that are used by the real Warp3D.library but WaZp3D dont use it. Wazp3D use the soft3d.library as renderer/driver
Umm..the Hardware drivers within those subdirectories SEEMed to play a role. Okay, though. I'll just ignore them in reference to WaZp3D. Yep, I'm not confusing the differences between Warp and Wazp. I noticed the "Z" capital. Heh.

Quote:
>The prefs run fine.
Nice so Wazp3D is working to some extent :-)
In fact Wazp3D-Prefs is not a real program it is only some code that say "open the Wazp3D built-in preferences gui"
It is actually a problem, but I understand the differences you're typing about with it accessing what's inside the Warp3D.library and displaying it via GUI. Still, it's a program. Sticking tongue out at you. Haha!

Quote:
>toggle between "hard" and "soft"...at the Wipeout menu. That informs me it's working...to a point.
Yes it informs you that Wazp3D run. But it dont informs you if hard mode is available = I mean selecting "hard" just mean "I want to use hard if possible" but if "hard" fail it will use "soft" without errors
(To find out set "Debug Sepia image" if display turns pink = soft)
Right, I understand it doesn't mean it WILL function but that it's possible to select because of the way you're making "Wazp3D" function. I know, you've replied to this subject a lot. I understand.
I noticed the mouse pointer in a pink little square in Amiga OS 4.1.1. I thought that was odd but then figured it was some kind of identifier of "Wazp3D". I was going to type that but forgot. Oh, to make extra clear..that was Wipeout 2097 with AmigaOS 4.1.1. I have not been able to get it to load past an OS 3.5 Window being setup for more to be displayed in it. Then crash. Not OS lock, just Wipeout 2097 crash.

I have run the Cow demo with OS 3.5 and it crashes the ramlib every time.

Quote:
>Is there a driver I'm missing?
No.
Gotcha.

Quote:
It is unclear what progs you tried with Wazp3D/OS3 : if it is WipeOut2097 or other WarpOS ppc progs = I think they never worked at all with Wazp3D
Because of subjects other than this thread I was excited to be able to run Wipeout 2097 with OS 3.x, I don't care which version of OS 3..as I own 3.0 to 3.9. OS 4 has a lot of bugs still but it's fun to play with at times. Anyway, I then noticed a bit ago about your comments about Cow 3D demo as it being a very good test. So I recently started testing with it. Wipeout has been 3 to 4 days checking different things with SnoopDOS 3.1 also.

For now, I'll stop with Wipeout and keep checking with Cow. Reads as pretty funny, as I have a twisted sense of humor. I want to tell MYSELF to not "have a Cow"...hahaha! Humor of the States..hehe. You probably use it there also. Anyway, with OS 4.1.1. Wipeout 2097 ALMOST functions at full speed with Warp3D without any sound. Some SDI hits but (AmigaOne X5000) but it functions. It's because of real GFX board.

Okay, back on track..

Quote:
So the better is to test with a smaller program
http://aminet.net/package/dev/src/Cow3D
Yep...testing with this now.

OS 3.5: >>> Enable Debugger <<<<, etc, as you typed, I see in small debugger window:

"Cow3D6: build...blah, blah [Date...]
Loading Wazp3D.cfg
Loading Wazp3D.cfg"

Then OS window appears, with 3D Cow info and "b" for speedup. Then ramlib crash #8000000A.

Allow Native Code is Active as well as JIT. The DLL is in WinUAE path.

Quote:
Perhaps there are some incompatibilties with latests WinUAE and/or Windows...
I have been wondering. What older version have you tested with? I'll download it..but no one has typed that.

[QOTE]Edit:
1) How to find out if soft3d.dll is used (= using fast x86 code for soft or hard rendering)
Set
Enable Debugger
Debug Soft3D[/QUOTE]

Did this above.

Quote:
If a debug window appears Windows side then x86 soft3d.dll is used.
Nope..so, Debug for WinUAE does not have to be active also? soft3d.dll will open its own. Okay. That has not happened. Only for OS 3.5..it shows what I typed. If you'd like screen shot let me know. There's also a Red Guru box after I click ramlib's reboot.

Quote:
2) then if you set "Debug Sepia image" and display dont turns pink = hardware OpenGL x86 is used
It's not getting this far.

Quote:
Also remember to delete Wazp3d.cfg before setting values in Wazp3D-prefs
I'm not running Prefs while Cow3D is running. Since the Cow program is crashing ramlib there isn't a config to delete. I AM using "CoW3D6-OS3.info" to be very clear.

Page generated in 0.08075 seconds with 11 queries