View Single Post
Old 17 April 2017, 12:25   #104
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
3. With a mSata SSD, you at least have a chance to avoid the old SSD controller abominations (such as in the previously mentioned Transcend drives). You still, unfortunately, have to deal with the SATA -> IDE translators.
Have bought several of the cheapest adapters, both SATA->IDE40 and mSATA->IDE44. All of them were like Zetros based on the JM20330 chip (can be seen in his images).

I have used them for connecting mSATA SSDs to acard SCSI->IDE bridges. If connected through a such bridge (ultra wide) on a CSPPC, it posts the following numbers for the 256kB test in DiskSpeed on a PFS volume:
Code:
Testing with a 262144 byte, MEMF_FAST, LONG-aligned buffer.
Create file:     19267584 bytes/sec
Write to file:   31948800 bytes/sec
Read from file:  28573696 bytes/sec
Don't know what kind of type this controller would be categorized as, but it seems fast enough for use on the Amiga.

Also did a quick test by connecting this setup to a linux PC with a ultra wide scsi card and doing some sequential read/write tests with dd on the raw device. With 4kB blocksize it managed 90MB/sec read and write so my guess is it "links" at ATA100 with the acard bridge.

With 512B it managed 75MB/sec read and 9MB/sec write. I suppose the low write speed at 512B must be and issue with dd, linux itself or the scsi card drivers as the PFS volume on the amiga also uses 512B blocks and manages >30MB/sec writes.

Page generated in 0.12337 seconds with 11 queries