View Single Post
Old 27 January 2009, 23:07   #12
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32 View Post
If you're going to run Workbench in AGA you really should work out a good universal fixed palette and lock it in with FullPalette, then use VisualPrefs to make all your window borders and everything look alright.

Install ImageStudio, (it's on an old CUCD or on Aminet). Save an IFF/ILBM image with your new palette.
Open ImageStudio and load the image with your Workbench's palette. Save the palette (call it Workbench64.col or something I guess), then load the 1024x768 image you want to use as your Wallpaper image.
Load a palette. Select your Workbench palette, and choose Floyd-Steinberg dithering, click OK, and save the image as an IFF/ILBM file.

You should now be able to load it in Workbench Pattern prefs. If you're using FBlit (which I highly recommend for your setup) it won't use any extra Chip RAM to display a pattern in the background or in Workbench windows.

I'm running my Workbench in 16 colours at 1024x768 with the Indivision and I've got some really nice results from just this low colour depth using this method.

Good luck!
Cheers Rebel,

Yep I noticed last night that everytime I changed the colours in VisualPrefs the palette index would jump around and I'd end up with some weird colour...very anoying. I'll have to install FullPalette as suggested, that should fix it

FBlit doesn't like HighGFX BTW, you should try your setup without it and see what happens to your available chipram.

Page generated in 0.07951 seconds with 11 queries