View Single Post
Old 16 July 2018, 12:37   #57
Mr_Horizon

July Quiz- Clues #1

1980s and early 90s Games for Commodore home computers are not that well known anymore despite their many excellent titles. Due to their age you have to be well over 30 yourself to have come in touch with them naturally.
So I am quite happy that even with a niche topic like this, we already have 30 participants after the first week (four of which are from this community).

I believe it's time for some clues:

1) here is a graphic that shows when the individual games have been released. The 16 and 64 stand for the C16 and C64, and the red/white ball is the symbol for an Amiga game.

2) Number 13 has the same name as an old German (later international) TV-show, but it's not a license game.

3) Game 18 is a horizontally scrolling shooter, very similar to a legendary japanese shmup game.

4) On picture 14 you can see a computer virus, which you have to hunt in this action game. To do so you are using a small yellow robot with lots of different weapons.

5) Game number 1 has a few wannabe 3D sequences with static backgrounds, but number 16 and number 24 are first person shooters with real 3D graphics.

6) Before I forget... the games 1, 2, 3, 4, 19 and 20 are also PC titles, and the games 1, 2, 6 and 9 were also released for at least one console.
All others were either exclusives for that Commodore computer, or have only been ported to other home computers of that time (Spectrum, Atari) or iphones/ipads.

Deadline is Tuesday the 31st of July - please participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Page generated in 0.04864 seconds with 11 queries