View Single Post
Old 17 January 2017, 00:00   #39
PeteAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by radfoo View Post
Mine arrived today, thanks!

Going to have a play in a bit (assuming I can find where I left the connectors). Will do 512kb, fingers crossed. Was a bit confused by the last 1mb comments you made, will it definitely not work or was that just in relation to the gary board?

EDIT:
Soldering went better than expected, thought i'd mess up the DRAM chip but that went okay in the end, stupidly broke a trace on one of the pin headers but managed to fix (luckily was able to blob 2 pins together). Unfortunately did not work and run out of time for today, only put the capacitor in C1 and have no connector on the clock end of the PCB, wondered if the through holes need connecting even if the circuit and last 16pin connector isn't used? Should there by any jumpers set on 512kb? Anyway, end result is the 500 keeps rebooting, never gets to kickstart. Will try again tomorrow :-)

EDIT EDIT:
Could not leave it, lol. Turns out that broken trace was never broken, had to remove the connector and put another one in, system now boots but I don't have any extra RAM.
Which last 1mb comment? It'll work fine as 512KB in almost all situations.

The last 16 pins don't need any solder.

Post a pic, maybe we can spot the error. How did you remove the connector? That sounds really hard/impossible/dangerous.

Does your mobo have JP2 changed to 1MB chip? If so, you need to cut the ENABLE jumper on the memory board. This jumper really means: "enable expansion RAM at $C0", but for CHIP, you don't want that.

Page generated in 0.08526 seconds with 11 queries