View Single Post
Old 15 January 2017, 06:32   #30
PeteAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by radfoo View Post
Well done, looks good! Not received mine yet, looking forward to having a play. Shame about the 1Mb chip Ram, what was the problem?
I just didn't put enough thought into the 1MB chip logic. It should be fixable on the gary adapter only, the original main board is OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appiah4 View Post
This works on KS1.3 machines with 512K chipram? Like mine?

Haven't received mine in the mail yet.. But very interested in following up with this (though I assume it would not play ball with my ACA500plus..)
Sure. It shouldn't interfere with fastram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHarris View Post
Wow, absolutely awesome!

It's my first post here and this forum is great.
Not only did I find exactly what I was looking for in scart cable thread, but also this post was exactly what I was hoping for, thanks a lot!!!

I've had my A500 for many years, but never tinkered with it until recently.. the floppy drive decided it no longer wanted to eat disks.. and oh well, I ordered a gotek + programmer to get that up and running hopefully next week.

Coincidentally I also was offered several A500's in a package deal with some C64's that I was trying to buy and it was an offer I couldn't refuse.. so I popped them open yesterday and noticed no memory expansion.. oh dear.. better browse the web and now I'm here.

Seeing as I am only after creating a similar setup as my own machine (+512) I will gladly use the sch/brd many thanks!

A few questions though, hope you don't mind;

1. I noticed you blocked one specific field "more than 512K" -> am I assuming correct that all other parts except for this block are to be populated on the board? (so for example do I populate C4, C5, C6 etc)

2. Googling the RTC, I saw elsewhere that when populating a RTC on the expansion, it might require some adjustments to a mainboard to disable to onboard RTC. That applies here too correct?

3. My own machine (and most I remember from back in the day) had a on/off switch (with or without a LED drilled into the top of the case) to switch between 512 and 1, is there a way of adding that to this design?
(i have to be honest here, I don't ever recall turning mine off, so I don't even know if that is necessary)

Many thanks,
Tim
No worries.

1. Yes, you don't need the 74F139 and don't need U2, U3. Also C4-C6 is for the extra memory chips, so you don't need them either. I think the total parts list for 512K is:

CTX: 2x28 2.54mm right-angle female header (or buy 2x40 and cut it).
U1: SOJ42 1x16M DRAM
C1,C2,C3: 100nF X7R 0805 capacitors (maybe one is enough)

2. Only needed for A500+ (the "plus")

3. There's an enable jumper on the board, which could be wires and a switch if wanted. But don't drill holes in your case

I've still got 1 spare PCB if you want to pay the postage.

Cheers,

Page generated in 0.06639 seconds with 11 queries