View Single Post
Old 15 January 2017, 04:46   #29
TimHarris

Wow, absolutely awesome!

It's my first post here and this forum is great.
Not only did I find exactly what I was looking for in scart cable thread, but also this post was exactly what I was hoping for, thanks a lot!!!

I've had my A500 for many years, but never tinkered with it until recently.. the floppy drive decided it no longer wanted to eat disks.. and oh well, I ordered a gotek + programmer to get that up and running hopefully next week.

Coincidentally I also was offered several A500's in a package deal with some C64's that I was trying to buy and it was an offer I couldn't refuse.. so I popped them open yesterday and noticed no memory expansion.. oh dear.. better browse the web and now I'm here.

Seeing as I am only after creating a similar setup as my own machine (+512) I will gladly use the sch/brd many thanks!

A few questions though, hope you don't mind;

1. I noticed you blocked one specific field "more than 512K" -> am I assuming correct that all other parts except for this block are to be populated on the board? (so for example do I populate C4, C5, C6 etc)

2. Googling the RTC, I saw elsewhere that when populating a RTC on the expansion, it might require some adjustments to a mainboard to disable to onboard RTC. That applies here too correct?

3. My own machine (and most I remember from back in the day) had a on/off switch (with or without a LED drilled into the top of the case) to switch between 512 and 1, is there a way of adding that to this design?
(i have to be honest here, I don't ever recall turning mine off, so I don't even know if that is necessary)

Many thanks,
Tim

Page generated in 0.05607 seconds with 11 queries