View Single Post
Old 14 September 2010, 16:03   #75
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Modern IDE DMA controller would be cheaper and faster than any old Amiga SCSI-2 controller..
I'm not thinking of anything mass-storage-like on this design, as the main goal was to give enough memory to build a WHDload machine, and I'd say that a 16G CF card is way enough for such an application. I'm currently working on the thermal/mechanical concept of the A600 card, and the more I think about it, the happier I am that harddrives are *so* out of fashion these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does it support ROM remapping without MMU? If yes, it should support >512K ROMs too (Blizzard's remapping for example only support standard 512k)
I'm planning on that, as I have a descent quantity of EC030 CPUs in stock. I learned over at a1k.org that an MMU is required for certain debugging tools, but most customers don't develop/debug these days, so a "maprom" function will most probably be a good MMU replacement for 99% of the users.

A few weeks ago, a question about a 1M-Kickstart came up on a1k.org, and we found that Blizzard cards don't even show the $e0-mirror of the $f8-kickstart. However, this is where I'd expect the other half of the kickstart to be, as it's easy to build in the 42-pin sockets of the A1200. My board shows that mirror, and when I'm done with my Maprom-function, I'll surely make a second activation-bit for an $e0-maprom.

Jens

Page generated in 0.12476 seconds with 11 queries