View Single Post
Old 24 April 2017, 00:02   #23
TheFoxSoft
KO2 world champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
I have some questions about what this game might be like to play.

So are all the different characters from all the different sporting disciplines all playing something like 1v1 Ice Hockey in different arenas? Or will there be significantly different mechanics for each character and/or arena and possibly the ball/puck/disc.

One good thing about remaking an existing game is the ability to address any gameplay issues that you feel were present in the first, and the second good thing is the ability to expand upon the original concept. It looks like this is something that you are very much planning to do

And as has been mentioned generally high-resolution rendered sprites do not make the translation to low-resolution very well, but that does not mean that it cannot be done. But one method that could work well is to render the sprites and then use these rendered frames as a base for pixel-art style player graphics.

Please do not be discouraged from developing a AAA Amiga game. I personally have purchased two in the last 6 months.
The game would have basically the WindJammers gameplay, a pong like game with power ups and etc...

Yes the gameplay should be adapted to work well with joysticks, I can take advantage from quick and accurate movements that can be performed with a classic joystick.

I agree with you, maybe the GFX can be edited manually to have a better pixel-art style :-)

Page generated in 0.08616 seconds with 10 queries