View Single Post
Old 07 June 2019, 01:00   #89
rsn8887

The thread and test versions of the emulator are here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=59

More details and screenshots for the Vita/Switch Amiga emulator are here: https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest.

I have made many improvements to the emulator over the last 2 years. It works well.

To run the emulator on Switch, you need a jailbroken Switch. Only certain Switches can be jailbroken. I think it has to be manufactured before approximately June 2018. More info is here or here. The hacking can be done for example using the commercial SX Pro package. One could also use the free package "Kosmos/AtlasNX" with some other dongle or Android phone and cable and jig.

Most Amiga games run great on Vita/Switch. On Vita, a few demanding games have slowdown (Jim Power, Leander). On Switch, everything is full speed. The few games that require cycle exact don't run correctly. For example, the doors in Nebulus 2 are invisible because the game requires cycle-exactness.

Reshoot-R runs in full-speed on my Switch, but the blue background detail is missing. There are only blue color gradients, but no blue scrolling parallax layers. I will try to post a screenshot later. It is still very playable. But it doesn't look as good as on a real Amiga without the blue background layers. The plasma transparency effect later in the level seems to work just fine.

EDIT: BTW thanks for the great game! It reminds me of Project X in a very good way. But it is also different. I had to buy it. Of course I wanted to test it on Vita and Switch, but I also love Project X so I figured that I would like this game for sure. The transparency effects remind me of X2 on Playstation 1, a sequel to Project X that also had lots of transparency effects.

Last edited by rsn8887; 07 June 2019 at 05:30.

Page generated in 0.16645 seconds with 11 queries