View Single Post
Old 11 April 2021, 18:29   #20
Nishicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Something, little bit, different.

I love the planet picture, it's really cool!

Say, would it be possible to have these pictures in Amiga IFF format or GIF, as 'honest pixels', no scaling, no screenshots, etc..? Or are you protective of the 'sources'? (:

Analyzing that 'Screen 01' picture that I like so much, I notice one of the branches has a pointy end. You could do the same to all the branches, to add some realism - tree branches usually get thinner and thinner towards the end, until they're really thin and maybe pointy as well. It's a bit tedious work to do, but the end result is usually worth it. What do you think? You can see the tree in my monochrome picture, where I tried to do the branch-thinning.

Another thing - if you don't mind my ramblings and suggestions - you could start giving your pictures names. This makes it more intimate, more personal, and easier for us viewers to refer to the pictures. It doesn't seem fair to call a great picture "Screen 01" (: It also gives the picture a bit more meaning, and maybe context for the viewer. Just a suggestion, though.. sorry to dabble this much into your artwork, but I just love your pictures and I always want to 'optimize' everything I love (:

P.S. I just noticed you did an interesting 'light shading effect' on the branches that are shown against the moon. That's a great idea! Instead of having the color outline brighter than the moon, I would make it somewhat dark color, but between the moon's color and the branch's color. That way, it would look like the moon's light is kinda obfuscating the visibility of the branch a bit (a realistic effect you can see in the attached "C64 Top Gun Loading Screen" picture - the sun signs behind the airplane, so it kind of 'burns through' one of the planes nicely. I think this kind of effect would look really good in your picture.'

P.P.S. It's probably unfair to just upload someone else's work to display an effect, so I will upload my own WIP (Work in Progress) background pic (you can probably see what game it's inspired by) taht I attempted to create a more suble version of that similar effect. If you watch the mountain's edge where the sun and mountain meet, you can see I tried to do something along those lines (it's up to you to judge whether I succeeded at all, and if so, to what degree..)

This picture uses 320x256, which I have basically abandoned these days, so I don't know what I am gonna do with this pic.. the reason why it doesn't have much shading beyond the sky (besides being WIP), is that I wanted to have it for a game, where the players couldn't be shaded that much, so the ground had to be kind of 'neutral' or 'free of shading' as well..

Anyway, I hope this helps. Your pictures really have wonderful atmosphere.. I just had to say it again. (:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TG_Lighteff.gif
Views:	161
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	71558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nishicorn_Lighteffect.gif
Views:	162
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	71559  

Last edited by Nishicorn; 11 April 2021 at 19:53.

Page generated in 0.05117 seconds with 12 queries