View Single Post
Old 12 April 2018, 11:53   #13
NLS
Ancient User

I am most probably using on-board IDE. Don't remember getting a SCSI controller for Amiga. Then again I don't remember many things.
For example a friend fitted the 060 (and lost -!!!- my 040) card, during a period of a few months I have lent my Amiga to him and I really cannot understand how he actually booted the machine. Did he use his own disk? (it wouldn't be possible otherwise... I surely didn't give him my login details and he surely couldn't boot the machine without a proper startup-sequence to make the appropriate patches for 060). Is my disk still in the case!? Is is that lost too? Brrrr...

I possibly have some old SCSI controller for PC, but doubt it will work with modern hardware, PLUS there were so many SCSI implementations, that I just have to happen to have one that matches.

I think I can find at least one PC with IDE still, plus I have kept at least one IDE-USB external box (although I don't trust it for such job).

First thing I need to do is OPEN the case and see what I actually have I guess.
Also take hi-res photos of all my hardware guts to see if I really need recap and how badly.

Thanks all for your help. I will resurrect this thread when I have progressed to the point I actually need to read the disk (and that the disk still exists and still works).

Page generated in 0.08588 seconds with 11 queries