View Single Post
Old 12 April 2018, 11:24   #8
NLS
Ancient User

I remember both.
I think I stopped using my Amiga, around 2000. So whatever was "latest" then.
I actually remember using my A4000/040 as main computer when Win 2000 was released, because I distinctly remember that I had a Compaq workstation (scrap from work) that I had it boot early Win 2000. It was below specs for 2000, so it took 15 minutes to boot and maybe 5 minutes to reach from login to actual desktop. Still I used it to encode stream from an FM radio ISA card (!) over the network and I could receive the stream on the Amiga with 10 second delay (I suspect on 10Mbit ethernet? Damn I have so many blanks on what I did back then). I distinctly remember both on my desk (Amiga left, Compaq right), so it must be 2001 or something.

Good idea in the thread, but all these mean (a) I have access to these without booting Amiga itself (I don't want to risk before a recap)... possibly rip an image and do things on that on WinUAE, (b) that MUFS doesn't "encode" things using my user/pass and just adds a layer that can be ignored if forcing it to switch to FFS.

I guess the first thing to do is actually remove the disk and see if the bus is indeed IDE and then see how I can clone this to an image than "fight" that image.
Help on this? Tools to use? (NOT on Amiga - explained why, above)

Page generated in 0.08285 seconds with 11 queries