View Single Post
Old 02 January 2019, 16:05   #11
Niklas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
Some thoughts...
Thank you Olaf for your comments. I noticed in the SANA-II specification revision 4 that you are quite the expert in this area :-)

I think there were two main reasons why I was considering the bsdsocket.library option initially:

1. I'm not exactly a Linux expert, and setting up the necessary routing on the Raspberry Pi to route datagrams to and from the Amiga felt like it would take a bit of learning for me. With the bsdsocket.library approach I would write a normal user-mode Linux application that communicated with the Amiga and then made the corresponding socket API calls.

2. I read somewhere that running the TCP/IP stack on an A500 takes quite a bit of memory (not sure if this is actually true), and therefore I thought I'd do as much off-loading to the Raspberry Pi as possible.

However, after reading your comments I'm motivated to investigate the SANA-II route more carefully. Learning how to set up the routing on the Raspberry Pi (I suppose I may have to create a pseudo Ethernet device, or a PPP link) should be interesting in and of itself.

Page generated in 0.08667 seconds with 11 queries