View Single Post
Old 04 July 2006, 14:41   #2
rare_j
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopos2000
What I get is a white blit and moving black/white lines on my screen. Early boot menue doesn't work too.
That's what I got when I plugged too much stuff into my A1200 with the standard PSU and ran out of juice. A white line instead of the blue ones and then the thing was in a reset loop which meant moving black/white lines on the screen, then the white line again etc.

I switched it off at the plug and unplugged loads of stuff and it still didn't work; I got the red screen of ROM death instead, that was quite scary and I thought I'd fried it. So I left it cold for 1/2 hour and when I went back to it it came back to life. PHEW. Since then no probs.

Don't know if thats any help but my symptoms sound A LOT like yours. Maybe that's what happens if the Bliz isn't getting enough power?

EDIT: I really was being silly with the power at the time. I had an external floppy, zip drive, 3.5" HDD, 2.5" HDD, Network card, internal DCE scandoubler, and the Bliz + RAM all plugged in which is madness. I may have had a IDE compactflash in there as well, can't remember. anyway it was way too much.

Last edited by rare_j; 04 July 2006 at 14:47.

Page generated in 0.08231 seconds with 11 queries