View Single Post
Old 09 March 2018, 18:55   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Do all SCSI controllers use the ROM filesystem if it's a later version than the one in RDB?
Thats how they are supposed to work but who knows..

Quote:
By the way, I noticed something in the Scout system monitor's Mounted Devices window. In the Handler or Device column, partitions mounted at boot (by UAE boot ROM) show as "uaehf.device". If you double-click the partition entry in the list, the info window shows Handler: <none> and Device: uaehf.device. Whereas for a partition mounted after boot, Scout shows (for example) Handler: L:FastFileSystem_45.13.

Is that difference normal, or do other SCSI controller boot ROMs allow Scout to show the current handler for mounted-at-boot-time partitions? (I was trying to check which FFS version is in use for my 256-byte partition.)
It is normal (and correct behavior). Handler (pointer to filename) is only set if file based handler is going to be loaded. RDB loaded filesystem is not a file and is directly pointed to by SegList pointer.

EDIT: Use UAE debugger to see which filesystem is in use. TO shows all dos devices, check its SegList, then use Tf to list FileSystem.resource contents. Match SegList to FileSystem.resource entry. (and remember BPTR conversion)

Page generated in 0.07583 seconds with 11 queries