View Single Post
Old 03 January 2018, 01:46   #15
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
That sounds completely different and is something I can easily accept. And as for modified demo code, remember this thread on Pouet, Gift was fixed for you (by altering quite a bit of code of the original intro) by one of these bad, bad crackers... *cough*.
I remember that, and I appreciate the intro working for everyone, now. I'm just wary of Pouet.net lately, as I have been labelled a "help vampire" and I didn't know that I was such a nuisance for asking so many questions. I also think I pissed off a lot of people by saying that "Google is overrated" and that let to Gargaj threatening me with a ban if I asked any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I'm utterly perplexed by your whole attitude toward trainers.

If you don't want to use a trainer, simply don't use it, or are you saying they are too much of a temptation and YOU simply don't have the will power to not use them?

The majority of trainers are set default to do nothing, you normally have to have interaction with them to get them to train a game.
I have never used a trainer in my life, I always try to play the game as intended, but if I can't get very far, I don't use a trainer. I'm not even sure how they work.

Quote:
You have no choice but to accept modified code for games, because a huge amount of them simply can't work off hard drive or work on AGA machines full stop.
I know they require heavy modification, that's not what bothers me, only if the games behave the same after modification for WHDLoad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
None of the WHDLoad installers change fundamental code of a game (i.e. what makes it a game), they simply fix the problems, trainers are usually used because the slave author has used a trainer to ensure that there are no further problems with the game, and thus opt to let the person using the install have it as an option.

I don't think you fully appreciate what it takes to get some games from floppy to hard drive.

Some of them have put in literal DAYS on a game to ensure its 100% cracked so the end user doesn't have any problems, and they do so for FREE.
I had no idea it was so involved. I will look up examples of ADF > WHDLoad case studies when I can.

Last edited by DH; 03 January 2018 at 14:38. Reason: Merged back to back posts

Page generated in 0.07594 seconds with 11 queries