View Single Post
Old 17 November 2022, 08:25   #16
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

As the community still have a lot of really good coders, hopefully something will happen positively on these.

I've tried to run the two packs yesterday afternoon, it made sense only to make videos about Magick, so here they goes:

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

What I found so far... Magick is definitely a 68K version with no HW acceleration. The engine gives a small amount of infos after quit, regarding calculated polygons, etc, where it shows 0 done by HW render. Haven't found any keys to modify settings other than movements and turning with DEL/HELP and the arrow keys, and fog density can be set with numeric pad's + and -.
Tried two separate versions, the only difference was the on screen FPS counter, which never went under 20 FPS. The engine itself opens a 320x240 sized RTG screen, don't know if it could work on AGA, had no more time yet but will check later on.

Scavengers is a more interesting animal. The archive contains both the 68K and PPC renderer, with one object and a texture file. The 68K version opens a window in WB, with corrupted gfx, as the spaceship's colours are purple-ish. The 3 keys mentioned in the basic txt included are "C", "L" and "M", which are change between texture and shading on the object, changing the lights and switching between dual and single screenmode. The window can be resized when the render is resized too, the speed although really slow anyway. No interaction, the object spins and moves toward the camera and over.
The PPC version just opened a black screen, but nothing else happened. Found the OS window close button on the top left, but it just can't work and the whole program seems to hang from then. Multitask is still on, so I was able to switch between WB and it's screen. Started it from WB by double clicking on the icon, but did not think on increasing stack nor check with SnoopDOS if anything goes wrong, so that will happen later.

Page generated in 0.06616 seconds with 11 queries