View Single Post
Old 10 July 2016, 14:57   #1
HelloBeautiful

DCE SX32 Pro / Expanded CD32 questions

I've splashed the cash and now I've been googling about the SX32Pro and information seems scarce, partial and perhaps outdated so I've got a few things I'd like clarity on.

BBOAH and co state the SX32Pro supports only 64mb of ram but people have 128 mb of ram in their cards. Is this revision specific? What kind of memory works? Apparently if you have 128mb of memory you can preload audio on (most?) CD32 WHDload games. Someone suggested that a socket splitter could perhaps enable 256mb of ram. Would this work?

If I'd update the Kickstart would I need bake one to include CD32 specific libraries? Some versions of WB have problems with the internal CD drive. Which are these and can they be patched these days?

Does the 030 break Akiko C2P ? Does this break games? Which games don't work on expanded CD32? I've read that some games get confused by floppy either because it's existance fails an is this a cd32 -test or because it eats up a tiny bit of memory.

How often should the battery be replaced?

Transfering files. The SX32Pro is an internal device. I guess the options available would be having a cable out, an external disk drive, null modem cable and a Plipbox. Anyone with SX32Pro using a Plipbox? Any good?

Is there no way of using the FMV with SX32?

It's been stated that the SX32 is unstable mainly due to power requirements. What are the alternatives to the original power supply? I wouldn't mind playing with adapters but I'm not the type of person to start peeling off and soldering my own wires.

And on a more generic note is there a quick whdload many that i could boot automatically if no cd is in the tray, perhaps one that could be skipped easily to enter full WB?

Anything else that I should be vary of?

Thanks for any help and for healthy discussion. I probably forgot ten other things that were on my mind.

Page generated in 0.06095 seconds with 11 queries