View Single Post
Old 04 March 2013, 21:18   #60
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonsgr View Post
Prowler, i guess you are "prouxler" on ebay right? :-)
Right! (eBay wouldn't let me have 'prowler' for some reason, so I chose 'prouxler' instead, but I reckon they're pronounced the same way. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonsgr View Post
Well i think you will be satisfied, as paradise is actually a command line multi-attribute dos utility which let you transfer any file/dir/adf at any direction between amiga and a pc!
Unfortunately the "problem" with these "faster than serial" transfer methods is that they CANT function under any modern OS ,that is,anything after windows 95/98!
I just saw that pc2amiga is also "win 95/98 only".
So, what i actually done with the adf transfer program is make paradise function under ANY modern OS even windows 7/64bit!
The "trick" to do that, is mainly to use a special version of dos box which have native support for parallel ports (official megabuild dosbox doesn't have that). I guess it's not unlikely pc2amiga could also work under windows xp/vista/7 the same way! ;-)
So, even if you have windows 7/64bit on your pc you can execute paradise utility commands through dos box to transfer almost anything at any direction!
Thankfully, the good guy who made paradise utility was kind enough to fully documented it, so if you read the paradise manual (included in the adf transfer folder) it's pretty easy to make almost any data transfer ;-)
Right again! I will be satisfied, because I'm actually running Win95 on the only machine I want to network to my Amigas! (My other PCs can transfer files via CF card to and from the PCMCIA ports.)

Thanks for all the information, though, as I'm sure it will be of interest to other users and probably to me as well, eventually.

Page generated in 0.04486 seconds with 11 queries