View Single Post
Old 03 January 2017, 19:25   #136
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovale View Post
The General Purpose Interface (GPI) is an event triggering option that is available on
most edit controllers. NewTek took advantage of this in the design of the original
Toaster software so that traditional controllers could trigger the Toaster Switcher
effects without having any direct software connection to the Toaster.
one tool ( RXTools ->FlyFrame ) does use the GPI event - the tool is waiting for a GPI Trigger - pushing firebutton
on joystick port #2 does trigger it.

#1) IFF2CLIP does what i mentioned above about ControlTower - but it fails too,
says "could not open flyer.library" - it actually does find it in libs (snoopdos says so) - but i guess it fails to ignite it in the way it does with the flyer hardware.

#2) unfortunately, there is no FLYERLESS option in the flyer.library source code - but will look for something else :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnkBitten View Post
I briefly went through some of the effects on my Toaster and I believe it's a Black silhouette of her, not blue, though that may be changeable based on the set color of the BKGD ??

It's been a long time since my original Amiga 4000D with Toaster4000 and I was only running VT 3.x. I've been playing with VT 4.2 on my A4000T but it's a lot different than the previous version. VT 3.x was geared more for Live switching and it seems VT 4.2 is more for editing, especially with a Flyer (which I need to install drives on so I can play with that as well).
oh, ok, thanks. in the [Controls] of the effects i can choose an [Effect Color] - but result doesnt change.
good to know it's ment to be black
i've been looking already, but the only sources we have is of 4.2 release. at least what i found so far.
the earlier 3.x version would be a nice addition too. i guess Newtek shiped 3.x on the latest 4.2 toaster iso for a reason
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPI-Trigger.png
Views:	228
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	51544  

Last edited by emufan; 03 January 2017 at 19:44.

Page generated in 0.07381 seconds with 12 queries