View Single Post
Old 30 May 2019, 14:34   #35
scuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiriad_UK View Post
Hi,

I've finished my A500 OCS intro. Not got as many routines in there as I wanted. Took far far longer than the "couple of days" I thought it would. So going to get it released before I run out of motivation. I had planned a dot writer and tv box as well - oh well...

Hoping to release it next week and will include all the source code, mod file and the original sound file that I did a few months ago (synthwave )

I developed it for A500 OCS and tested it in WinUAE in cycle exact mode and left a few raster lines spare. Not doing anything undocumented in there so hopefully there's a chance it will be ok.

If anyone is able to test it on a A600 or something that would be great. I've only got access to an A1200 with accelerator.

https://www.autoitscript.com/files/amiga/parcade.zip

Worked for me on the following:

Amiga 4000/040, Amiga 4000/030, A500 plus GVP sidecar, A600 unexpanded, Amiga 1200 GVP Turbo, second Amiga 1200 GVP Turbo and third Amiga 1200/030.

To be honest I couldn't really see any difference in quality to an intro produced in the day. The music worked fine and the specific graphics worked without issue. The disk booted pretty quick and was still running even when I took the disk out, and the floppy light stayed on all the time. All very much as they would have done in the day.

So your next challenge is to take it to the next level. If you ever want a demo checked on a specific computer you can reach me through the website. I will show a couple of screenshots on the blog tomorrow if that is OK with you.

Well done. Something new... always welcome here.

I used ADFBlitzer to decrunch and it is archived now on my Amiga 4000 with the source code etc.

PS the A500 used was an A500 basic unit the 'plus' mentioned is just that it has plus the GVP sidecar... which has my virus checker on it.

scuzz
http://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scuzzblog.htm

Page generated in 0.05265 seconds with 11 queries