View Single Post
Old 17 August 2009, 00:09   #6
peo

Problem with 'rebuildto'

Hello,

I am having some problem with the Rebuilder (or with the .dat file) in clrmamepro.

Following the general guidelines about how to rename the ADF files using clrmame, I'm stuck when it comes to putting the files in their correct destination directories.

What I've done is:
Downloaded Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined rebuildto Directories (TOSEC-v2009-03-15_CM) from EAB/Damien.
I have set it up in clrmamepro as described.
My source path is (something_long\adf), destination path is z:\ (mapped network location to get it short)

When I click 'rebuild', I get problems with a too long destination path for windows to handle, caused by what I think is an error in clrmame or the .dat file:

Checking through the destination path (for successfully moved files), I see that there is one directory for each file, like for example:

z:\Commodore Amiga - Games - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-10-19_CM).dat\4D Sports Boxing v1.0 (1991)(Mindscape)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL]\4D Sports Boxing v1.0 (1991)(Mindscape)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL].adf

The full 'rebuild' filename seems to be a combination of destination path ("z:\") + "rebuildto" ("Commodore Amiga - Games - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2006-10-19_CM).dat") + "name" or "description" ("4D Sports Boxing v1.0 (1991)(Mindscape)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL]") + rom name ("4D Sports Boxing v1.0 (1991)(Mindscape)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL].adf")

Since windos cannot handle these long filenames, some files are not moved, and the moved ones causes a terrible mess at the destination (which is simple to correct using the unix 'find' command to move the files to their correct destinations).

Is there some option to prevent the "name" or "description" to be used as a part of the destination filename, or could it even be easier (for me) to write a UNIX based 'rom' manager ?

/PeO

Page generated in 0.05028 seconds with 11 queries