View Single Post
Old 06 January 2020, 14:55   #34
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Correct on all counts. The A500's 2D "sprite&bob" capability is (slightly) over twice that of the Atari ST's CPU-only approach. Add in the "free" smooth scrolling and you end up with games running at quite literally twice the frame rate, while often adding extra effects on top. That is... Assuming the hardware is used correctly, which it often wasn't.

---
As for Golden Axe on the Amiga: I always rather liked it, though I think the colour palette is rather poorly chosen and it's one of the many many games that would've done better if the programmers had allowed a two button stick to be used....

Maybe it's just me, but it just seems likely that the graphics would look a lot better if the colours resembled the Arcade version more. The characters are so "yellow". Makes me wonder if some artistic soul could create such a palette. Perhaps some sort of hack is possible
How ? the answer is easy : all the graphics were made on Degas Elite, they are in PC1 format. Hence the yellowish aspect, the palettes are coded on 512 colors instead of 4096.

Page generated in 0.07060 seconds with 11 queries