View Single Post
Old 03 January 2013, 10:06   #15
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockersuke View Post
At the risk of being included in the "snobish idiots who dismiss your games purely because of what they're made in" bunch, I would honestly suggest you to consider giving the step into some lower level programming language.
And I have a strong reason to think so.
At this point it's an undeniable obvious fact that you've got something many of us lack: talent for old-school game desing, for getting the right graphics and music, for reaching the right level of playability. Given that, in my humble opinion, Backbone is creating and undesired "barrier" effect.
I'm not stating that you should enter in the arcane and demanding dungeons of C and assembly, I just think It's time for you to consider taking a look at the friendlier worlds of BASIC dialects as AMOS or Blitz.
As far as I know, Backbone itself is an AMOS based tool. If you invested your time in learning to code with it you could skip that layer. Your games would run faster, smoother, would be more versatile, and would do it all in a wider number of real Classic Amiga machines. You've proven you can make awesome Backbone jobs for some game genres it wasn't even intended for. I just can't imagine right now what you could achieve without its restrictions.
Of course, only you can judge whether the time required is worth the investment. Just watching this last youtube makes me think that the answer is a definitively obvious "yes". Just wanted you to consider it!

--
Thanks a lot for your constructive post.

Too bad, I don´t have the skills and time to put my teeth into AMOS.

I would join a game dev project (for music, testing, whatsoever) immediately.
But let´s face it: Either these projects will be canned after a short (or long) time or there aren´t any...

Page generated in 0.06437 seconds with 11 queries