View Single Post
Old 09 June 2006, 15:16   #6
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by komunita
Thank you for your reply. Excuse me for not thanking you sooner but I have been tied up in the office.

Tomorrow Saturday I will try what you have suggested. Actually i have just been given the two joypads couple of days ago. Have to check the brand name.

Will tell you how I have fared.

Thanks once again.
Look forward to hearing how you get on

Quote:
Originally Posted by microslave
BTW, I recently bought a CD called "AmigaClassix Gold" containing a collection of amiga games bundled with an older version of WinUAE.
The CD inlay contained an ad of a new usb version of the competition pro joystick, which is sold e.g. via Amazon:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...439419-2789007
Unfortunately most of the comments I found about this joystick were, that there are problems with the manufacturing quality and some reported problems due to slow reaction times.
Did any of you buy this stick and made good or bad experiences? Generally I like the idea of a revival of my old Amiga games with a new version of my favourite joystick (also I liked the Quickshot Pro nearly as much.)
As an alternative, who knows where I could get an usb adapter for my old Amiga joysticks that are still waiting to be reused again..
Years ago, I've always used the Competition Pro Joysticks, and boy, did I get through a lot of them. Memories of blisters are all but not-quite-forgotten!

Being a PS2 fan since the day PS1 came out, I've got used to the controller, so opted for the Logitech Dual Action Joypad which is identical to PS Controllers. As its Plug n Play I had no need to download Drivers as it works extremely well with PC games and especially WinUAE. btw, Playstation/X-Box controllers can be used with WinUAE too (with USB adaptor).

Take a look at this... all those Joysticks from the Amiga days

Since you can get PC versions of the Competition Pro Joysticks, I'd personally would say get one of them if you want that true reto experience.

As for Amiga Joystick USB adaptors, there is a picture of one in the link above.... as to where to get them though I couldn't tell you. Anyone else know?

Page generated in 0.04533 seconds with 11 queries