View Single Post
Old 02 September 2018, 19:01   #13
Ian
Global Moderator

The rules were brought in when it became a bit of a joke, to be honest I was probably as much a culpret as anyone else in the early years. I don't really have a problem with it these days.

I would suggest if a thread hasn't had a post in 2 months, no one really cares about it so why just keep it for posperity? It's adding no value, no one is particiapating.

Maybe we can ask RCK to increase the time limit on the sections of OT that won't just contain "funny" posts to 6 months, the same as the technical forum, but you will see across the internet on special interest boards such as these, off topic is not kept indefinately.

As for Plasmab complaint, I don't think anyone really cares if something goes off topic, but when the discussion goes down the path of several other threads already going on the subject, it does need management.

Personally I am a fan of the spliting of the topic when it gets so far off topic as the thread in question did, but many people won't like that either. Of course you are entirely free to create a thread yourself on the very subject that has arisen and continue to discuss it while on topic to your hearts content.

Every thread that starts about apples, cannot end being about potatoes.

Page generated in 0.10645 seconds with 11 queries