View Single Post
Old 21 November 2020, 18:49   #8
palaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
You need a python 2.7 for that, not a python 3.
Fedora 32 (the host system) automatically installed python 3 when I installed python.

Quote:
You can also get the shell-seg from the modules disk of 3.1.4 if that is easier.
I don't think I have a modules disk of 3.1.4. It's been more than ten years since I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1, I haven't upgraded ever since.
I no longer have a working physical A4000, what FS-UAE and vamos are using is a file-for-file dump of my original A4000's hard drive, which was easy to do back in the day as Linux has support of the Amiga's file system just by installing a file system driver.
I found this site: https://www.hyperion-entertainment.c...88-amigaos-314 which apparently offers AmigaOS 3.1.4 for sale for a bit less than $30. This would seem to be what I need, provided that they send me the product in e-mail, either as a direct package or an ADF image. I am unable to install a physical Amiga disk because of what I wrote above.

Quote:
The shell-update is not an installation. It is a replacement of the shell-seg with a newer version.
I just tried to run the "Install" script on FS-UAE by double-clicking on its icon. I didn't find out any other way to do the update.

Page generated in 0.05429 seconds with 11 queries