View Single Post
Old 29 May 2016, 02:36   #1
grhmhome

Installing Amiga OS4.1 Classic Final Edition booting

Hello, I'm attempting to install Amiga 4.1 Final Edition with Amiga Forever 2016, but I'm unable to boot into the OS once I finish installing. I've followed the instructions on Amiga Forever's website, however, once I finish installing, I eject the CD ISO image and get a message stating I need to put in the CD. If I remove the boot floppy, I get a message stating: "Not a DOS disk in device DH0". I don't know what I'm doing wrong, as I've followed the instructions directly, but I could of missed something along the way, which seems odd.

A rundown of what I did. I copied the Amiga 4000 PPC desktop from Amiga Forever and renamed it to Amiga OS 4.1. After that, I created a 2GB hard disk file. Then, I added the boot disk and Amiga OS 4.1 install CD ISO. After I saved my work, I ran the desktop and installed the OS. After installing, I rebooted and ejected the CD, but then I'm given a message stating I need to put in the CD, however doing that will boot the cd. Ejecting the boot floppy will give me an error that I mentioned before about not being a DOS disk.

I don't know why I'm not able to get it to work.

Thanks for reading and for your time.

Page generated in 0.04560 seconds with 11 queries