Thread: Is e-UAE dead?
View Single Post
Old 09 June 2008, 19:39   #17
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
That's right I think, but can you name any emulator that is better with a non Windows OS I'm no M$ fanboy, but it really seems as if the big number of users motivate the authors of emulators more to produce better versions (which is the same for cross-platform projects).

I have a mac book pro with windows and mac os x. I installed some emulators on mac side by curiosity thinking windows versions are always better. Well I changed my mind about few things.

First mac os x is much easier to configurate if you want a Pal 50Hz output than windows. So if you like smooth emulators on TV and can't figure out how to patch you registry with powerstrip mac os x is what you need.

About emulators I don't use MameUI anymore but Mame os X. I don t have any stuttering sound issue with it. (if you know how to fix it in MameUI let me know).
Emulator enhancer is also very nice. Let you configurate only once your display, sound, joystick.... and all your (bannister's) emulators share the same setup.
We need a port of Playsid on Windows. This player gives you the best of HVSC.

I agree shareware and freeware are much more dynamic on windows than mac but in some rare cases there is better and sometimes much better applications.

if you just want to emulate UAE forget about Mac os X

Page generated in 0.04550 seconds with 11 queries