View Single Post
Old 29 June 2013, 22:22   #57
kovacm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
Intuition is name of OS subsystem in Amiga not application software - this is library used by system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition_%28Amiga%29
1. I know that
2. so what?

my point was that palette color changing was used in 1985. but not for displaying pictures.

Quote:
Nope - trailer is 24 fps (cinema film framerate), also this is STE not ST and modification of hardware are required to transfer such high amount of data from external storage - CPU is turned to DMA channel - nothing else - show us 12 - 24 fps movie with mono sound decent quality on plain ST.
so what?

(yours replays are almost always offtopic! - mc6809e ask me: "How many animated Photochrome images have you seen?" and I replay that this video is exactly that - Photochrome images displayed at 50 frames per second!)

- it works on plain ST (of course without 50KHz DMA sound) and 512 color table
- modification if required only if you want to have same high speed for writings! (without modification you will get only 0.5MB/s write; read speed will be 3.5MB/s anyway)

Quote:
... audio sampling rate can be higher without trickes and thus dynamic range easily can excess 90 - 100dB provide more than 16 - 18 bit quality on ordinary Paula DMA audio channel.
why would you process sound at 18bit precision when you have only 8bit DAC in Amigas ?!?

Last edited by prowler; 29 June 2013 at 22:40. Reason: Fixed quote.

Page generated in 0.07638 seconds with 11 queries