View Single Post
Old 18 September 2017, 05:22   #11
IvanEBC

Hey Everyone. Not going to take Credit but i bugged Lukas a few times for forums and suggested here, so yay! Good going Lukas. Lukas has had to put up with me for awhile now and i think this forums will help him alot.

I've had the following issues, yeah BigRamPlus gives me a yellow screen (although originally, it DID work), i got ram on my Apollo 060 so i'm not short of memory, though i did find that filling up ALL the memory, will cause alot of lockups. IE Apollo can have 128mb and onboard the MB takes 16mb, but if i unpack a large files (anything from 1mb and upwards) to ram: it'll lock up, if i remove all one ONE fast ram stick from MB and remove a SINGLE 32 stick from the Apollo, she's stable (giving me 96mb + 4mb). It isn't the memory as i can remove the VA2000 and put all memory back in AND the bigramplus (yeah 400mb+ memory, and i can unpack 100mb of files with no lock up.

My second issue is getting old native games/demos to run in a full screen, it'll take the top right corner of the screen and not fill the screen. I believe the solution was the CX2000 tool and configuring it correctly ... BUT the CX2000 tool only works on a newer firmware but my card has been stuck on 1.5.0 as i've tested every firmware since (about 4 versions) and each attempt to update results in a locked up boot sequence, the few times i can reach workbench, it is usually "uaegfx" crashing.

I haven't seen the screen for awhile so i can't recall the exact error. I know i'm not foing the formware wrong as i have to downgrade it back to the 1.5.0 and it works again, so i know it isn't me.

I also upgraded Picasso from the aminet 2.0 to 2.1e when the problem first appeared but no go.

Right now, it works, i can live with reduced memory as i had more than enough, and games/demos still work, so i can live with it, but would love to see the product do what it was designed to do.

Great work though Lukas, my Workbench looks AMAZING!

Page generated in 0.06380 seconds with 11 queries