View Single Post
Old 23 January 2003, 18:23   #27
BippyM
Global Moderator

Part 2:

Right the A500 with no HD and only 512k is a very limited machine for doing this, and I have not tested it so... if it doesn't work replay and I'll endeavor to fix it

---

Okay once all the files are on your floppy, boot the a500 up and run PC0: (or CrossDos).

Put the disk in which has HandyDMS and DMS into the drive and copy the contents to ram:

from CLI use the following: Copy df0: #? to ram: note: I cannot remember if you need the to in the statement if not use : copy df0:#? ram:

rignt next put the disk in the drive which has part1 on it and from a cli type: Copy df0:gamename_part.dms to ram:

right now part 1 and dms/handydms are in ram, go there and run HandyDMS.. Again you need to select the DMS executable from the HandyDMS prefs.

Put a blank disk into df0:

Press the button Get DMS and navigate o the dms file in ram (gamename_partx.dms) and then in Tracks enter 0 and 30 respectivley. Next press Write this will write the first 31 tracks to df0:

right next goto a cli and type delete ram:game#? to delete the dms.

Put the PC disk with part 2 into your floppy and copy the gamename_part2.dms to ram:

now repeat the above steps in HandyDMS but remember to put the blank floppy in the drive and change the track setting to 31/60 respective!

Repeat the above for part 3 and voilla a working game Disk.

---

This is long winded and if you have an external floppy you don't need to use Ram:

If anyone wants me to write a proper tutorial on doing this gimme a shout and I will.

p.s HandyDMS and DMS are in the Zone (well gimme 10 mins and they will be!)

Page generated in 0.08447 seconds with 11 queries