View Single Post
Old 14 November 2018, 16:03   #1
rabidgerry

Getting back into Amiga - What way to go?

Hi all, as a total new person to this forum I'm going to begin with something probably asked already by others in the past so forgive me if I'm dragging up old ground once again.

So I used to have a 500 years ago, it was my brothers but I used it as much as he did when he was out (for games of course). I eventually inherited my brothers machine probably about 1994 and I ran it right up until about 1997 surviving on PD games in those last few years.

Well now the time has come to resurrect my interest in the old Amiga and I've been doing my research.

I've stumbled upon some of the great accerators that have recently come out over the last few years and I have decided the Wicher 500i is the one I should get for an Amiga 500 (because I am interested in running WHD load).

However I have some questions regarding chosing to go A500 as opposed to A1200 so please leave your thoughts on the matter.

If I was to get an A500 and kit it out, can I use 70ns ram? Anyone ever try SIMM 72 PIN 70ns? I have a choice of either 6ons or 70ns so assumed 70ns would allow for faster over clocking of a MC68HC000FN20 using the Wicher.

Could the Wicher 500i run Doom? Has anyone tried this?

Can the A500 with a Wicher 500i run A1200 games like Gloom or Fears or anything else that was AGA?

Is there any benefit in getting the Wicher 500i Rev2.c? Does the possibility of more fast ram benefit anything really OR would the older Wichers that allow 8mb fast ram be sufficient?

All thoughts and opinions welcome

Page generated in 0.06936 seconds with 11 queries