Thread: X86 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 09 December 2019, 02:21   #581
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerochip View Post
That onboard sound, the ESS1371 was my main soundcard for my Win9x machine for aaaages. It worked beautifully in DOS (once you ran the TSR) and even better in Windows.

Since it resampled the sound, it also made the DOS games sound (to me) a bit better. But it didn't have a real OPL3, so, FM music might sound a little different.

I stuck with it until I got my SoundBlaster Live! (whenever that came out) with it's 5.1 Audio support (if you used the proper digital cable and the Cambridge soundworks 5.1 audio speaker set)

I used to use PowerQuests Partition Magic 8 to work on partitions, but, it also came with Boot Magic, which was pretty easy to use and had a lovely little menu!
You could not only boot off of different disks, but, also hide partitions, and disks too.

If you can find it, I suggest you have a look at that as well as GAG.

I had 3 main partitions on my boot disk, Win95, Win98se and Win2K, and then a fourth partition for Data. Each menu hid the other two, so, Win95 only saw P1, and Data, etc.

I wish it was still around. Symantic bought I think, and buried it
Ive got Partition Magic 6.0 I may see if that has boot disk also

It's sad When Companies buy Useful Software etc just to Bury it! Happens Everyday :-(

Page generated in 0.12313 seconds with 11 queries