View Single Post
Old 19 November 2015, 20:07   #16
jaesonk

SCSI always outperformed IDE on my Amigas. Of course, I'm just comparing SCSI to the vanilla IDE on the A1200 & A4000. I have SCSI on my Blizzard1260, CSPPC, DraCo, GVP4060, and probably something I'm forgetting.

I'm currently rebuilding an A4000 set-up. AmigaKit refurbed my RevB motherboard. It now has a GVP4060 fully populated with 128MB and is booting from a CF-IDE drive now. Boots in seconds to OS3.1.

I have a RaizinMonster CF-SCSI hotswap drive in the lower floppy bay. This will attach to the GVP4060. I intend to use it with a VLabMotion NLE to see how it performs. I can swap 4GB CF cards for individual projects.

I've used SCSI-SATA bridge adapters in the DraCo and a SCSI-IDE bridge. Adapters aren't inexpensive but the newer drives & media can be. Someone already mentioned the SCSI-SD adapter available through AmigaKit. It is one of the least expensive that you'll find.

Another way to boost your drive performance is with an alternative file system. I use PFS3 and have been very happy with it. There are a few alternatives to FFS available.

Page generated in 0.04423 seconds with 11 queries