View Single Post
Old 28 June 2021, 14:07   #17
Marchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoniWorlds View Post
So A1200 8mb fast should be enough or some stronger 030/040 proc?
I think A1200 with 2meg fast will be heaps of speed and space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Nice project, with some promising visuals. I'd be interested to have a look at the art you already created - if there is more than what you are showing in this thread. Maybe we could build something based upon my Reshoot Amiga-custom-engine.
Yeah that sounds like a terrifiic idea. I'd love to explore it. Most of what I've done so far is in the mock-up, although I also have some unused cycles for the main sprite:
* Run cycle
* Split legs/arms to do a shoot-while-walking/running (all the sprites are on layers anyway).

I want to make the explosions a lot bigger too, shrapnel flying across the screen like when you nuke all Lemmings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Wow.
Love the graphics!
Hope you will find some expirienced coder to help you.
Thanks, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
What type of coding framework is your friend most happy with? Are you looking at a game engine type thing like Game Maker on the PC and Amos/Blitz on the Amiga? Or are they comfortable with low level coding in C or assembler?

I presume you both will be doing game design, but are you going to be doing any of the coding or just the art/animation? I would suggest the coder chooses the primary platform for development as they will be doing the work of getting the game working on all platforms. The art and animation can be done on the Amiga not matter what the dev platforms are.
I won't be coding. Yes, I think you're right about the coder choosing the platform, but my motivation for the project is seeing it on Amiga, so it's in my interest to research as many good options as possible for Amiga a cross-platform development for the coder to choose from.

Worst case we write in C, compile it for 68k such that only a Vampire/060 can brute-force it all through CPU to run properly, but I'm hoping we can do better than that (as mentioned above, hopefully A1200 with fast).

Page generated in 0.04452 seconds with 11 queries