View Single Post
Old 12 January 2021, 09:54   #23
Saghalie
Registered User

Saghalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FT Lewis, WA
Posts: 343
I UnARc'd to the RAM DISK:

I think the Shared drive is what is causing your issue. I'll see what happens if I use a shared drive (directory).

EDIT:
Yeah, it locked up on me and froze about half way through.

EDIT 2:
OK
==
I figured that since OS4.1FE is not really optimized for emulated systems we
would have issues with the Shared drive and never tried it until now.
What I have found (I'm usually wrong about these things so take it with agrain of salt) is that with AF the shared drive is not optimized for
long filenames. I tested it out and I found that:
1. If I change nothing the program halts about half way through and the
emulation freezes.
==
2. If I change the name of the archive file to Update2.lha (as you did) it un-
arc's to wherever you want it to with the long filename directory and if
I run the program I get GURU's on the filerequester and the setrx commands
as well as the emulation freezing - if I try and run it multiple times I usually
succeed - but that just sucks.
==
3. If I change the name of the archive to Update2.lha and UnArc it to the
Shared: drive (using the UnArc'iver) and then rename it to Update2 (or some
other shorter name) then the program runs just fine and the update occurs
like it should.
****
See if this works for you!

Last edited by Saghalie; 12 January 2021 at 10:28. Reason: Testing reply #2
Saghalie is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.05236 seconds with 11 queries