View Single Post
Old 09 January 2021, 20:40   #3582
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Using IconCopier with the bug that I mentioned could make the system unstable. It's an old tool and I don't know if Mark Ritter still supports it with bug fixes.

Usually, RemLib should be executed before the first program tries to access icon.library. On Aros 68k IPrefs seems not to call icon.library as it is done on AmigaOS, so you're lucky and it may work even from user-startup. But in case that any program opens icon.library before RemLib is executed it would load it from the Aros Rom into memory and installing my library later from Libs: may fail.
Yes it's true, but I have to be honest I never noticed any anomaly, even in the video I used RemLib in the User-startup and it seems to me that everything worked fine

Quote:
The transparent disk icon in your video could be a ghosted deficon, a disk without an existing disk.info file. If your don't like that you could add the tooltype "NoGhost" to Envarc:Sys/def_disk.info (or what it is) or use "IconGhostingOff".
No this happens with all the icons, if I set the "Fix" command the colors come back, and I use the Def icons with the "Nightly Build".

If I run Dopus5 "by AROS One" the icons are not transparent, see screnshot

Quote:
You are trying to rename some icons in your video with Icon->Information by changing the path. Nobody says that this would work. Why don't you use Icon->Rename instead? There is nothing at the path "Ram:downlod" and it should fail.

No, it was just to show that with the folder icon it didn't crash.
By the way, another bug, if you try to rename an icon (without files) from Wanderere the system crashesa

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 January 2021 at 18:05.

Page generated in 0.04161 seconds with 11 queries