View Single Post
Old 22 October 2018, 00:16   #47
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_skroht View Post
This is true but the issue as I see it is this: you have a bunch of greedy morons, that bicker and fight among themselves like little children,
So, they are business people. ;-)

Quote:
Sure it still wouldn't be anywhere near close to where Windows and Apple platforms are now, and that's not what I'm saying. The progress of 68K AmigaOS wouldn't be anywhere near as stifled as it is now if there wasn't any of this bickering over who owns the rights to the OS etc.
Or it could be as robust as the support for GEM/TOS on the ST today? ;-)

Quote:
All the recent major contributions towards 68K based Amiga in the last few years have all come from the fans. Those who are "legally" supposed to own the "right" have done nothing!!!
I think "nothing" is a bit harsh.
Just having a commercial product like AmigaForever helps keep awareness high and a larger customer base (more fans). A lot of current fans started or got back into Amiga because of AmigaForever.
You can legally buy kickstart ROMs and copies of various versions of AmigaOS today.
Try to do that with some of the other retro computers. ;-)

I think comparing the Amiga to Windows or even Mac is more than stretching it.
Compare it to the ST.

We don't have a perfect list of companies for Amiga support. But with all of their bickering, we are still in better shape than many other retro platforms.
Yes, there is lots of bad, if that is what you are looking for.
But there are positives also..

Page generated in 0.04221 seconds with 11 queries