View Single Post
Old 08 October 2015, 07:09   #142
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Atari 2600 would be nice for a start too. For low spec Amigas if it's possible.
Indeed, a stock A500 should be able to emulate it relatively easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
A new OS written from scratch that's not compatible with AOS, with a range of newly written (from scratch as well) programs for it. The Amiga software revolution, if you will. Not going to happen, I know
I sometimes envision a low tech console-like OS with debugging capabilities and minimal communication layer (with an external PC). But actually I'd love to have an OS X like sleep mode where before launching a game to debug, the OS would make a copy of the whole OS state (at a very low level) in the higher reaches of memory and install a reset handler with a minimal menu allowing to go back safely to the saved state in a matter of seconds.

This would help reduce iteration times when debugging which is really important when coding large or complex programs.
Sure Amiga usually boot quickly but when you repeat a procedure hundreds of time waiting even 5 seconds less makes an enormous difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
Not exactly new software.. but I've thought about how cool it would be for whdload games to have some sort of trophy/achievement system.. similar to that of PSN, XBlive , with online leaderboard etc.
[...]
It wouldn't have to be limited to whdload either, newly developed games could make use of it..

Could be a real boost for the amiga gaming community!
Or it could be an overly ambitious undertaking that nobody really cares about
I think that is a fantastic idea and moreover this doesn't seem too complicated. Steam's API offers these services and can be taken as inspiration material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohour1974 View Post
One thing I have never understood is wanting to connect the Amiga to the Internet. Sure if you have the NextGen machines yes I can see the point but the originals no.
To share high scores between fellow Amigans. (cf above point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohour1974 View Post
Obviously a nice collective of original games.
And people to buy them.

Page generated in 0.20186 seconds with 11 queries