View Single Post
Old 31 July 2018, 03:29   #254
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
@grelbfarlk: I know I'm not allowed to mention f***craft but how about conversions of Stargus/Stratagus, Wolfenstein and/or Alien v Predator?

Stratagus has been working for a long time and BOS Wars "works" fine. I'll send it to you if you want. It's the tools to convert the assets to the engine that don't work right. So if the assets are available and work with the engine, the game should work.

So while Stratagus works with BOS, the Stargus tool doesn't convert the Starcraft assets into the right format for it to work.

Wolfenstein 3d? Or you mean RTCW?

AVP I played around with, it needs some Cowcat magic to make sense of OpenGL->W3D stuff. I thought it would be simple with SDL-GL but it seems to want to use gl/gl.h directly. Though a lot of it seemed to compile ok.

Looping back around to the beginning, I looked at FPSE 10.6 again, and it seems like the main executable is a tiny little 68k program which loads the plugins which do all the stuff. The plugin source is available, so maybe just maybe the plugins which handle W3D, Sound, etc could be compiled for WarpOS. Big and many maybes here. Or if anyone else would like to look at it and say "You're stupid and wrong and I don't like you" that would be a big help and I'd stop knifing around with it.

http://www.amidog.se/amiga/bin/FPSE/...0.6-SDK.tar.gz

The rather large FPSE.DLL that I overlooked in the 68k archive I think has the main part of the emulator which doesn't appear to be in the source. So not reasonable idea.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 01 August 2018 at 02:20.

Page generated in 0.11307 seconds with 11 queries