View Single Post
Old 21 December 2016, 15:53   #1
IvanEBC

Icons gone MISSING completely - DOPUS can see!

Hi Guys.

Using a Real Amiga 500/A590 with Kickstart 2.05 and Workbench 2.04.

I use an Amiga 4000 that CAN read all my DH1: WHDload files and i moved a select few to the Amiga 500, but i found with the exception of Stunt Car Racer (using an older stlye maybe since it was done many moon sago), the Amiga cannot read the icons.... i'm not talking the i get the little square cause i don't have newicons46 installed, but they are gone, even the readme.info icons. If i switch the view to ALL Files and NAME - the icon files aren't even there, they are visable in dopus but i can't view them there either (Icon Info Button)

I copied directly from the Amiga 4000 to the A500 and opening DH1: i did noticed even the drawer icons didn't appear, but i fixed that by using DOPUS to delete the drawer icons, select all the folders, and click ADD icon and it appears to make a new compatible icon, but i can't do that with WHDload slaves because of the extra data included.

I can't install newicons because it needs WB (or KS?) 3?

Is there another way around for a lonely old WB2.0 machine? Upgrading it to KS/WB3 seems like i'm losing that nostagia as i have a KS3/WB3 machine with my A4000 (as well as putting more memory stress on an already lacking machine.)

Thanks for any advice.

Page generated in 0.07513 seconds with 11 queries