Thread: Vital Light AGA
View Single Post
Old 20 February 2005, 16:17   #20
MethodGit

The cracktro does have a tune, and it's alright... I guess.

But anyway.

Thanks for quietly zoning the thing up, WK - much appreciated!

However, is it just me or is this game really hard to get fully working under WinUAE? It seems to require a minimum of Amiga 500+/2Mb chip at least, but various problems I've encountered under various Amiga include:

1) The screen remaining totally blank after leaving the character screen thingy when it's supposed to display level info and play some music. Pressing fire on this blank screen anyway causes you to hear the usual in-game sounds, and judging by said sounds, the controls work, but without anything to see on the screen whatsoever all this seems fruitless. This occurred often to me and it was a pig to get the level to actually display properly. Unfortunately I forget which exact config I used to achieve this.
2) The thing guruing just before the counter on the character screen thingy hits zero. This sometimes happens on the first level or after it.
3) The game not even starting up properly after finishing with loading MAINPART.... screen just stays blank. Might be to do with A500+ or incompatibility with slow RAM or whatever, having trouble recalling.

And another thing.... anybody care to scan in the Amiga Power review of VL (if they have it) and up it to the Zone if poss? I'm pretty sure it mentioned at the very bottom-right corner a seperate AGA version you could get "for £10 more" or something like that.

Page generated in 0.07533 seconds with 11 queries