View Single Post
Old 12 January 2020, 02:47   #146
AC/DC HACKER!

I think I finally connected the dots. You're using a HD (Hard Drive (SD Card)) and instead of partitioning the SD Card under SCSI ID 1 (example) you're using the SD Card under ID 1 and ID 2. Which splits the SD Card into multiple drives. Using the Auto for each one to identify which section of the SD Card to be used. But....that...doesn't make it Virtual since you're _using_ the SD card.

Unless...One SCSI ID is using the SD Card (Hard Drive) and the other SCSI ID's aren't. So, "Since what SCSI2SD does is to allow division of a single PHYSICAL devices into several "SCSI devices", each one with its own SCSI ID"...is what I was first thinking. You're just using the Auto part to choose which part of the card to use for each SCSI ID.

It's an odd sense of virtual to me, since virtual means it's there...but..it isn't. Data for the Virtual may be saved to create the Virtual again, but the Virtual is gone once power is gone. I'll point to "Ready, Player One." movie as an example. Or when VR was becoming a big thing, and we'd put on these Screens before our eyes (glasses) and see a computer generated image. Now you see it an Environment that doesn't exist outside of the program/data that creates it. Like the "Idea" of Max Headroom in the 80's. Matt Frewer exists, but Max Headroom is a character.

Ferry, your example helped a bit more. I might give that a shot. But...I'm not sure of the advantages yet vs one SCSI ID for 1 SD Card and multiple partitions.

Before I do that, though, I think solving the data corruption is something that needs to be done.

Page generated in 0.04275 seconds with 11 queries