View Single Post
Old 21 October 2008, 22:48   #21
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
HDD_Tools_Floppy_Images.7z on Magix FTP

I had a bit of spare time to upload it.
Thanks once again, DemonHellraiser, I've just downloaded it!

Methinks if you uploaded that on dial-up, you must have had a lot of spare time...

@Zetr0/TCD/DemonHellraiser/Ed_Cruse/cosmicfrog:

Based on my experience with it, I reckon that Partition Magic 8.0 has the best chance of achieving a low-level format of USB flash disks. I really can't believe I didn't think of it without your reminder, Zetr0.

Of course, just because it has worked well for me with hard drives, that doesn't mean it will work just as well with flash media. But if you've had it solve similar problems with bad sectors on USB memory sticks, Zetr0, then I look forward to trying it out on my Maxell disks.

However, I have lost no data yet due to these being only backup media, and I have enough of these devices with no errors to be able to take my time with this. So, because experience in solving this problem with these devices is relatively uncommon, the least I can do is try out every one of the utilities you have each recommended or supplied and report how each of them performs for the benefit of all users.

I must say that some of the programs you have uploaded, DemonHellraiser (DHR?), will be very useful additions to my toolbox in any case!

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread.

I hope I can provide some useful feedback in return.

Page generated in 0.07367 seconds with 11 queries