View Single Post
Old 29 April 2012, 22:01   #11
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Brilliant, I really appreciate you doing this! Now I have a reference point where I can go hunting for the original power and ribbon lead. It has been some years since I got this thing.

I just dont understand what is going on here as I tried two known working disk drives that are 100% amiga compatible and still nothing? What worries me is the gal chip getting roasting hot like that... could the chip have failed? can it be replaced just by swapping in another chip or has something else failed? I might whip the main lead off and get my multimeter out and probe all the connections and remove the interface board to check the solder spots aswell. According to a google search that gal chip is nothing more than a High Performance E2CMOS PLD Generic Array Logic. The other two chips stay cold.

I would defo be up for one of those interface boards! Picture pc880bs1 is the one that reminds me of mine. It has the same power lead with blue and red wires, the board is only one revision from mine being an E and mine an F.

Page generated in 0.07975 seconds with 11 queries