View Single Post
Old 11 October 2017, 21:17   #14
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Regarding "Sirius 7"... I totally get that my friend!

But it's clearly extremely rare indeed; though quite surprised that you don't have it; oh uber collector, master
All the games released by Actual Screenshots are reasonably rare. The only one I don't have in my collection is Sirius 7. Given that the game only received one review (24% overall in Amiga Format) and all three original versions possessed by LSD for their crack were bugged with corrupted gfx on level 4, I have to wonder if the game actually received a retail release at all. It wasn't uncommon for crackers to get their hands on pre-release copies (sometimes from "contacts" at mags who had original disks sent to them for review). Moreover, the game was supposedly released at the end of 1990 when CRL (parent company of Actual Screenshots) went out of business. It would have been the last game published by Actual Screenshots/CRL before going out of business.

As I said, I've never ever seen so much as an original disk (scan) of Sirius 7 and I know that it isn't/wasn't in the possession of the big Amiga game collectors I know. Peter Olafson (ex-Amiga games reviewer), the biggest Ami games collector I know of, sold off his massive collection of 4000+ Amiga games a few years ago on Ebay and Sirius 7 wasn't amongst them. Still, stranger things have been known to happen - like an original boxed copy of Monkey Business (the first ever Amiga game published) popping up on Ebay last year - so there is still hope for an original copy of Sirius 7 materialising out of the ether!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
I had some minutes to waste at work this morning and made a patch for Gnome. Have fun.
Nice one!

Page generated in 0.05107 seconds with 11 queries